Sunday, November 18, 2012

Writing Plans- A miniblog with ideas

I feel my creative side waking up, and it's cool. I feel like I'm seeing the world in greater clarity. Through the eyes of a writer that wants to see things and share what they are and how they feel. I have been reading fiction more, and I've taken a few random writing prompts. They are out there. My husband found some geeky pictures to prompt me creatively, and the other day, as we were arriving at our housing for a school program, I realized it was too dark to read, but my computer was available. And the books I have on the computer were on the portable hard drive, which was in the back. (his name is Blue because of the light that emits while he is plugged in. He also purrs.) 
With fifteen minutes to go and nothing else to do, I started typing, watching the time tick down, and a storyline came together of imagining that I only had 15 minutes left to live. I kept typing faster and faster, using the time, trying to think of what it was that I had inside to share. The character I came up with didn't have a reason for hope, and didn't know what purpose there was to life. There is more drama in the creative process in not knowing. As the time got shorter, I was getting more into it, and I actually got my stomach all knotted up, in the stress of living in the moment of another reality. I was also really hungry too, so that probably didn't help. It was a fun exercise  I should do that again, the next time the clock is ticking down on the GPS, only with a character that does know what hope is, and about life after death. 
In other news, my French is getting better! I'm understanding more, and liking the sounds of it more. At church today, we sang, "Jèsu a vancu la mort." Jesus defeated death. I like how it looks in French, and the worship today was so alive and exciting and stirring. The meaning feels me up, not even in as much of an emotional way, but a war cry, excited, YEAH, kind of way. Vanquished. Took the sting out. Conquered. 

So, I'm going to make more of an effort to write shorter and more regular blogs now. Shorter is probably better for most people anyway. But I would be happy to get any kind of feedback, positive or negative or suggestions on length, style or theme. I mean, if you guys want to take the time to read this, I want to put effort into making it accessible and relevant and etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment