Friday, April 13, 2012

The Black and White Prophet


I have been on a journey through the bible, and a lot is becoming clear to me. As the bible is living and breathing and changing my heart, and reforming my mind through the Holy Spirit, I can't be quiet any more. ..His word was in my heart like a burning fire, shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.-Jeremiah 20:9b

This is what this blog is about. I actually created this blog to post things like this. Because I am getting weary of holding the truth back. 

2 Chronicles 29:5
Hear me, Levites! Now sanctify yourselves, sanctify the house of the Lord God of your fathers, and carry out the rubbish from the holy place.

This is a clear call to Christians. We have a responsibility to clear out God's temple. Our bodies, our souls, our attitudes, and anything that is not honoring to God.

...that our God may enlighten our eyes and give us a measure of revival in our bondage.” Ezra 9:8b

Psalm 119:125
I am Your servant Lord; Give me understanding, That I may know your testimonies. IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO ACT, O LORD, For they have reguarded Your law as void. Therefore I love your commandments More than gold, yes, than fine gold! Therefore all your precepts concerning all things I consider to be right; I hate every false way.

God doesn't make mistakes. I won't put this verse in, I'll leave some things to be looked up. Psalm 139:13-16

It is time for those who follow Christ to be different.
If you only read one of these verses, read this one.


Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil; Who put darkness for light and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

This is what I must say. What I must address. I can't be quiet. The truth is pushing down on me. And this wicked world of acceptance of everything is evil. Of course I believe in the love of God. This is what Easter is about. Of course I know that no one is perfect.
That is also what Easter is about. That this world was and is so lost without Jesus. That God's price for sin is so incredibly high because he abhors sin that much.

For a brief history lesson, God had warned the children of Israel to turn from idols, from horrific things, from sins that would make some talk shows  blush. From burning babies on alters to false Gods, to...other horrific things. God had warned them over and over again, that his wrath would fall on them because IT. WAS. NOT. RIGHT.
Then He was preparing to send them to Babylonia. If they went were he sent them, they would live. If they didn't, they would die. He told them to accept this plan. And they still didn't listen. He told them- Don't trust in people. Don't go where it looks safe, for example Egypt. If you run, you will die. If you accept the words of my prophets, you will live. And they said. "Hmm...I think I'll go to Egypt. And then lamenting began, as they started to die. Oh God! Why is this happening? Will you be angry forever?

There were plenty of false prophets saying, “Peace, peace, everything is peachy. Don't worry, be happy.” 
These false dudes were like, "How dare you speak anything negative!" 
When real prophets that were doing what God told them to do said the truth, they were tortured, they were mocked, they were put to death. People didn't want to hear the truth. And of course they *almost never will when that means they have to change.

That is the world viewpoint we have to live with, shoved down our throats on a daily basis. False prophets saying, ”Peace, peace. Do what feels right.” They twist phrases Jesus said about “not judging” to mean, don't speak the truth. Offending anyone is equal to saying the holocaust didn't happen or kicking puppies. Reading the bible is okay, but preaching any of the messy things is not such a good idea.
There aren't enough people who FEAR THE LORD ANYMORE.

Jeremiah sums it up pretty well-
Be astonished, O heavens at this, And be horribly afraid; Be very desolate, says the LORD. For my people have commited two evils; They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, And hewn themselves cisterns- broken cisterns that can hold no water. (Jeremiah 2:12-13)


If we have the truth inside of us, if we know Jesus is the truth, why are we putting up with false attitudes? Why are we dry and chapped and thirsty and wondering why broken cisterns aren't holding any water? Why have we come so far from the living water, and built up idols of worry, of acceptance that is really just thinly veiled thinking that sin doesn't exist, and that Jesus isn't the only door to heaven?
Why are we giving up and living like we don't have hope? Like truth doesn't exist? Why are we playing the part of false prophets by acting like there is nothing wrong when people live in sin? People that have known the truth?

We are supposed to love all people. But we are not supposed to accept sin and live buddy buddy with it. There is such thing as a responceability, that Ezekiel makes very clear.

When I say to the wicked, “You shall surely die, and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.” (Ezekiel 4:18-19)


God is not cold and mean. Look at this.

Ezekiel 18:23- “Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? Says the Lord GOD, “and not that he should turn from his ways and live? When  a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die.

Maybe it's been awhile since we've had any inkling at all of how big the Lord is. That he fills the heavens and the earth. That he created the whole thing. Maybe it's been along time since you really thought on the sacrifice that he made, the horrible, undefinable pain he endured on that cross. He submitted to it. He did it because of love. Because he loved us just that much.
 The great I AM, lived as a human, and allowed his skin to be pierced, flogged and ripped. Maybe you are more afraid of people than him. Maybe you want to follow Jesus, but you want to follow the pleasures of the world a lot more.
Turn and live. Really live. What is your priority?


I choose to submit to the truth, no matter the cost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment