Thursday, April 12, 2012

A new place to put controversial opinions!

I have had a myspace, where I wrote notes. It is still out there, gathering electronic dust. I have a facebook that is a main source of contact to the world. I have a twitter that I look at...maybe a few times every couple of months. I think I started a live journal but I never ever checked it. Then the threatening emails came saying, "Do something or we will cancel this! The end is near!" And I said, in my heart of hearts, "meh." I started a blog somewhere else, but I forgot where it was.

I was inspired to start one again, in light of my vigorous bible reading plan, thoughts about that, and opinions that I'd rather be more bold about, but would rather not shout out on my facebook. I'd rather have a place where I can write that is not so public, but that anyone who wants to can read it. Be offended, fight, agree, think, whatever. They can know it's here, they can ignore it just as easily as they can click on it. So that's my reasoning.

So for this short introduction, I will explain why I chose this name, "The Longing Heart." It's from Psalm 106:8-9-  "Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for his goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men! For he satisfies the longing soul, And fills the hungry soul with goodness."

I think that speaks for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment