Sunday, April 15, 2012

Touching Heaven via Africans in Swtizerland


I hope I didn't make a wrong impression from the beginning, that the only point of this blog would be confronting sinful attitudes on a platform and a lot of cut and paste bible verses. For anyone who takes the time to read my long long blog, insert link to black and white prophet, I thank you. I didn't just google verses, I read all of them before hand, as I gathered my confused, hurting heart together to seek God's will in my life, and in my reaction to family members stumbling around over the evil spirit of confusion.

The breathe we have in our lungs was given to us to express God's goodness. Today, I performed at an African church. And because I was performing, I had to hold back tears sometimes. For silly reasons. Because I was feeling free! Because I missed that feeling of exuberance and joy. Because I was handed a tamborine. I don't remember the last time I was handed a tamborine. Because at the end of one of the plays, my character was choosing to stick to the straight and narrow path, and people were clapping and praising God. Because African churches make me feel homesick.
That is such a symbol of how big God is. That in totally different cultures, I felt the pull of my real home. After the service, music was playing loudly and I danced steps I didn't know as pounding rhythms pulled me to return to a place I've never been. Where there is no more pain and no more sorrow, where every tear will be wiped away. Where no one is strange or disfigured in heart or soul. Where no one is held captive to fear or worry.

Here's some truth to chew on, to write upon your hearts, to get you through whatever you are going through right now.

Isaiah 26:3

You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, For in YAH, the LORD, is everlasting strength.

Psalm 56 8-9
You number my wanderings; Put my tears into your bottle; Are they not in Your book? When I cry out to You, Then my enemies will turn back; This is know, because God is for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment