Thursday, January 8, 2015

My first Covenant Players Christmas Party

My Lovely World of Friends,
This was a fun day. The anticipation of celebrating Christmas together was building for so long. We had the treat of seeing one of my favorite Charles M. Tanner plays, The Real Spirit. We played a rousing game of Jepordy with CP trivia.
The gift exchange was so much fun. I wanted to watch each person open their presents. I wanted to savor the moments of joy of discovery and so much sacrifice and anticipation in everyone's face.
Some points of the day I wanted to cry, thinking about the upcoming transition that is happening. I don't even know what to feel sometimes, but being between worlds is a feeling that I am so used to feeling.
Tomorrow is prep for our banquet. I am decorating my first table, and it is themed for a series of plays we have called "Tough Old Ladies" about these crime solving former missionary ladies. It's one of my favorites, but then, I have a lot of favorites. In 9 and a half years, I have learned and performed 447 roles. It's been an amazing time, and I'll be spending the next day, as I work, figuring out a way to express that, and my love and appreciation to the people that have supported me through it. Those present and those far away that had the determination to lead me (sometimes kicking and screaming) towards the growth that made me who I am today.

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment