Saturday, January 10, 2015

The Cat is Out of the Bag!

Hello my Huge but paradoxially smaller world of friends!

It get's smaller every time. And sometimes I feel alone and then I think of how I do have friends, they are just widely spread out. It was a wonderful banquet, a great time of community and blessings and I will talk more about that later.

Today, the wonderful thing was finally announced, and I can be excited about it, and talk about it, and change this blog up and use my name and post pictures and use it as a resource for people to know what's going on, pray, and come with us!

So the big fantastic news is- my husband MÃ¥rten and I are going to spend the next two years in South Africa. I don't remember the last time I was this excited about something. So there it is! Let me know how you feel. Share your heart with me, and I'll be even more excited to share my heart with you, knowing there are people listening and caring and making the trip with us in their hearts.

We will need all the prayer we can get. I mean, that is always true, but we are determined to be a blessing for His Kingdom. We are determined to see miracles and be the miracle that someone is praying for. For such a time as this, we were placed upon the earth. To hear the voice of God and do His will, whatever it is.

This is such an exciting beginning. I feel the joy as more of a deep inside thing than a bubbly thing. It feels more secure and good. I know He gives the determination necessary to learn a language, to jump into a new culture. I know each challenge up to this point has been to prepare me for the next thing. To prepare the both of us, that is.

As I travel further on out, the world does get smaller. Japan will be  right next door as Kurt, Cathy and Susan get back on the road to go back there in a few days. Germany is in my very gut as some of the people I love most in the world are over there. Australia is around the corner with my dear Naomi and her new husband are finding their feet over there. I miss you so much, and I'm so excited to meet you, Abigail and our new missionier. Denise, I look forward to doing whatever you need me to. And eating your food.

 Here I am Lord, send me.

Your sister in Christ,
Katie

3 comments:

  1. In case you didn't get my last comment. You are amazing!! I am so happy to call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Comments! Thank you guys! I am blessed by you guys, so much. I am so thankful the Lord brought us together. I miss you a whole lot, but you knew that already.

    ReplyDelete